Kabataan. Pag-asa. Pilipinas.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

In the beginning

In December 2002, a group of young professionals sensed the need to create an arena for social involvement by the youth in light of the May 2004 elections. After months of reflection and research, the group forged to formalize the network last August 2003 into what is now called Youth Alliance Philippines (YAP). Since then, YAP has extended its network to include volunteer students, and affiliate youth and youth-serving organizations in its voters’ involvement campaign Young Voters Zone (YVZ).

Young Voters Caravan, the major activity of the YVZ campaign was launched on February 25, 2004, at La Salle Greenhills. It was attended by around 1,100 participants from the National Capital Region and nearby provinces. Former President Corazon C. Aquino, and institutions such as EDSA People Power Commission (EPPC), National Movement for Free Elections (NAMFREL), and Focolare Movement have acknowledged the unique youthful nature of the Caravan. Volunteers journeyed across the country to conduct nonpartisan and nonsectarian voters’ involvement sessions and established Young Voters Zones.

The Caravan sought to rally young voters to draft and pushed for a clear and genuine youth program in the platform of the next administration, and encourage them to initiate activities that would echo the message and insights of the campaign experience – a socially responsible vote made by empowered young Filipino citizens.

3 Comments:

Blogger june said...

hi everyone!

I came to know of the existence of your group just recently. FYI, different youth organizations meet recently to form a YOUTH FOR PEACE MOVEMENT. This movement will be dramatically launched this summer by way of holding a historical Peace Concert that will be attended by local big name bands and famous celebrities. Wanna join! You may contact me at my email ad: lrgalonjr@yahoo.com

Thanks

10:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A warmest nationalist greetings!

Good day! I am Ruben S. Josol from Carmen, Bohol. I was a former active student leader in bohol when i was in college (Federated SSG President - Bohol College of Science and Technology System). Im currently working as a Call Center Agent in cebu but i dont want to get out from youth participation thus, im interested to join in your organization with the intention to serve the youth and fellow filipino citizen. Im very interested to be a part in your advocacies and programs. I planning to pursue my study this coming june here in cebu to finish my dream career and at the same time to continue the student leadership i have started.

May i know the qualifications for membership? you can send the info. on my email ad. robin_josol@yahoo.com or my official number: 09094703167

I would be glad to have this info as soon as posible. . .

Thank you so much and more power to your organization!


Looking forward for your favorable response regarding this matters!


Respectfully yours,



Ruben S. Josol

8:20 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Good Day Everyone

I'm Jerald from Bulacan.I just wanted to ask if how can i be part of your organization and be a participant of your activities. I hope you'll respond to my query because I want to involve my self in community outreach programs you do.

you can contact me via facebook or email.jeraldcordeta@yahoo.com;cordeta.jerald@gmail.com.

Thank you And God Bless!

-Jerald Cordeta

11:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home